CLOUD OF POINTS PROCESSING > SAL3D
The 3D Shape Analysis Library is the first hardware independent software architecture for range map and poing cloud processing, fully oriented to laser triangulation and 3D machine vision applications.
SAL3D means speed, accuracy, and reliability to machine builders, equipment manufacturers, system integrators, and volume end users demanding maximum flexibility and customization in their vision systems. Tools can be integrated as DLL's that allow developers access to third party components usable side by side with SAL's tools resulting in rapid development of highly complex processing tasks.
- PCM (Point Clouds Manager)
- Peak Detector Tool
- Metric Calibration Tool (Static + Linear)
- Angular Metric Calibration Tool
- Merger Tool
- Match 3D Tool
- Coarse extension for Match3D
- CAD Import
- Integrator Tool
- Area Tool
- Geometric Tool
- Lens Distortion Tool
- Hardware independence for acquisition and processing.
- In-line integration in any manufacturing environment.
- Easy and efficient multicore programming.
- SAL3D's algorithms can complement third party components (i.e. openCV).
- Extensive documentation, GUI and pre-compiled examples + data samples.
More product documentation, releases and presentations, visit our Knowledge Center
COP (Cloud of Points)
Generated from different sensors/technologies
Can be metrically calibrated
Predefinition of circles on the SAL3D ZMap
Projection of COPs against a plane
Allows the computation of 3D metric data using standard 2D libraries
Measuring circles in several planes combining SAL3D with Matrox Imaging Libraries
Example of combining SAL3D with image processing libraries, like MIL, Halcon, CVB, openCV
A 90-days demo fully featured version is available in the Downloads area. It includes examples and documentation for evaluating the library.